Monday, August 20, 2012

Mom please tell us about your funny dream

Mom please tell us about your funny dream
Me: it wasn't funny
Boys: Please tell us about your silly dream
Me: it wasn't silly
Boys: was it scary?
Me: I don't really remember it well
Boys: PLEASE tell us???
Mom: there was this giant robot guy and I needed to get Ethne to a safe place and so there was this other young skinny AA guy with an afro who was supposed to distract the scary guy so I could get Ethne safe. I was useless to defend either of us with her. So I was talking to the YSAAGWTA (Young, skinny, African-American, guy with the afro :) and he wasn't having any of the proper emotions for a situation like this. He wasn't scared or nervous or excited he was bugged and whiny. He kept telling me he couldn't be expected to do this job without a little food. I was getting seriously annoyed that he couldn't take the situation seriously and be a man. The whole time he was sulky about not having any food to give him energy. I was thinking SERIOUSLY?? At a time like this you are complaining about food? I don't HAVE any food. If I did I would give you some if for no other reason than to hush you up. So then we see big scary robot/transformer bad guy character enter scene.
Let me set the stage for you here: Big, dark, warehouse, typical movie scene where the industrial shelving goes on for ever like the library of congress(I don't actually know what the library of congress looks like inside-I just made that up because it sounded good). As the big scary robot guy was coming down one side of shelving towards the YSAAGWTA I slipped on the other side of the shelving with Ethne in my arms and was heading up the other side trying to stay under the radar. Ethne wouldn't stop talking though. It was exactly like being in sacrament meeting with her. I say SHHHHH!!! and she chatters away in her loudest voice. I say SHHH again and tell her she needs to NOT TALK. She would be quiet for about 5 sec. and then resume asking questions. Suddenly and quite unexpectedly G was at my side. We made our way down to the other end of the shelving and as we walked down the end of the isles we peaked into each empty dark isle trying to pick the right one that would somehow be empty of villains and allow us to pass safely to the other end. One isle had the big scary robot guy (no idea what happened to the YSAAGWTA) and several other isles had Aliens passing back and forth. Then I was woken up and that was the end-
Boys: WHAT?? what happened?
Me: I don't know
Ezra: Mom, I think I am going to make a story with that in it.
Me: OK

Garrett's interpretation of the dream: (in case you didn't know G always interprets my dreams for me)
The YSAAGWTA was representative of Enoch and Ezra.
The End :)







1 comment:

Helen Sycamore said...

I interpreted it as more of a alegorical interpretation of this years elections. ;)