Loved this lighthouse. There isn't much else around it but there are some good walking trails and a BEAUTIFUL view. This had to be the cleanest lighthouse I have ever seen.
Something really cool about this lighthouse is that we had a small connection to it before we ever saw it. We were on a train to Glenelg in South Australia and met a man who was offered a post here to be the lighthouse keeper for 10 years. He ended up turning it down after a bit of drama with the offer but his story was a neat one and I thought it was so fun and random that we met him and talked to him about this lighthouse
before we even went to KI and saw it.
Ezra had a pretty rotten attitude about taking pictures here. I can't remember what it was but he had something stuck in his craw. Eating an apple on the lighthouse steps. Snack Time.
Hot, humid and hungry were the three words that best described my crew when we got to the lighthouse. Good thing we had some mighty good apples and lots of water.
Scale-
Aren't they cute?
Ready to go see the NZ fur seals yet?? k, Lets go!




1 comment:
I love it when things like that happen, they just add to your experience so much! That light house is beautiful, love the red. :)
Post a Comment