I should have mentioned in the last two posts that these attractions are all part of Flinders Chase National Park on KI. The Rocks, The lighthouse, and Admirals Arch below. All for a small fee for the whole family to get into the park.
This wooden trail is the path down to Admirals Arch and the NZ fur seals who are up here from the antarctic for breeding. There were signs warning how dangerous it can be to disturb them during this time and to STAY ON THE PATH. Which we did :) When we went to the red rocks in NZ we were MUCH closer to the seals before we realized that we weren't supposed to be that close.This is admirals arch and to be honest the pictures we have just can NOT do it justice. It was truly beautiful and we were in awe. Looking out of the arch you see the beach full of seals and the water was slipping up and down the beach peacefully. And if that wasn't enough the sun coming through made it seem heavenly and surreal.
It's just too bad you can't really get a good picture of it from on the path(you know that one you have to stay on so as not to disturb the breeding seals).
This picture was taken from high up on the path to Admirals Arch. Such a breathtaking view. We now live 1.6K away from views just like this. We walk there and back all Summer, Fall, Winter and now Spring. The weather right now is perfect. I wish it stayed like this all year long.
My beautiful family.
Enoch was reading over my shoulder and said "why'd ya say 'my beautiful family' when you aren't in it? You're part of your beautiful family". Then he said "You should'a been in it and let dad take the picture. He's better at taking pictures". Silly boy!
OK, not sure how I ended up with this picture here. This is the AU wilderness sort of picture. It was taken on KI on the property with the Raptor Show. Instead of this picture there should be pictures of the NZ fur seals. I will see if I will remember to add them later.






3 comments:
Beautiful! So fun. You know, Matt went through a beard stage when he had 3 kids too. Our Christmas picture included a bearded man, we didn't send that one out, just the one of the kids.
I like G's beard, I saw a picture the other day of him without the beard on your Jamie Oliver blog and decided the beard is best. These pictures are beautiful! The seals are so cool! Did you ever get pictures of them in NZ?
Enoch is hilarious! The arch looks beautiful. I am excited to see pictures of the seals.
Post a Comment