Thursday, May 5, 2011

Camilla Has Arived!

Well Camilla got here today at 10:40am. The kids and I met her at the bottom of the stairs in the airport as she was coming to get her luggage. We were SO excited and took turns hugging her. It was so fun to see her and have her here with us. She was lucky not to have her flight canceled since so many others were coming out of Auckland today because of the fog. We hadn't had breakfast and Garrett really wanted to see Camilla so we met him for lunch at "Polo". The kids all had pizza, G had the big breakfast, Camilla had the capsicum and tomato soup and I had the feta risotto balls on the capsicum salad :) Delish as always at Polo.

After we dropped G back off at work we took Camilla for a scenic drive where she oohed and ahhhhhd at the scenery. The we came home and she gave everyone their gifts from Grandmommy and Grandaddy. Grandmommy embroidered shirts for each of the kids and made me an embroidered bookmark. Ethne got a skirt for her b-day and Enoch and Ezra got really nice art paper for their b-days. Oh and the requested goldfish crackers were dolled out as well. They boys had said they "Wrilly wrilly" missed Grandmommy's Goldfish crackers and could Camilla PLEASE bring them some from her house. My mom has a big glass jar that is ALWAYS full of Goldfish crackers when grand kids come to visit and apparently my kids miss that a lot.

Poor Camilla is being mauled by the kids non-stop. They just can't get enough of her. Ethne is calling her "coming". I think it is because for weeks now she has heard us say Camila is coming, Camilla is coming, Camilla is coming over and over...lol so funny. After her nap I said Ethne say Cuh and she said "cuh" and I said mill and she said "mill" and I said uh and she said "uh" and then I said OK say Ca-mill-a and she said "mill-nah". So cute!

We visited and the kids had naps/quiet time. I cleaned out the fridge and did some chores while we talked and then Camilla watched a movie with the kids while I ran to the store and gave G the car so he could get home tonight :) We had fish tacos with tamarillos, coriander, and guac. on top for dinner and the kids took turns snuggling with Camilla. Ezra was the last to eat his dinner and when I told him to wash up and put on his jammies he said "I haven't got my turn to snuggle Camilla yet" in a very indignant tone of voice. He changed, brushed his teeth, got his blanket and climbed on her lap for "his Camilla snuggle time". Then she read them a story and we had scriptures and prayers and bed. She and I talked some more and then Camilla showered and fell asleep on the couch while I booked the last of our hotels for our upcoming trip. We leave the day after tomorrow and we will be having SO much fun. So hopefully all the posts I just put up will satiate you all until we get back :)

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Sooooo sweet.I can picture it all now.

Super Yellow said...

Ashley, that is so great that your sister is there. I hope you guys have lots and lots of fun!