Monday, March 4, 2013

Needle and Thread Society

I am now an official member of the "Needle and Thread Society". All I had to do was show up and pay my money and be taught :) This cute little house and tree were the result of my first day of class. We learned two stitches and I looked up a third on the Internet to learn to do the leaves a little nicer. I am extremely pleased with how it turned out and I must tell you I just can't wait to learn more. This is exactly the sort of thing I have wanted to learn for ages. I love having some sort of hand stitching to do when I am too tired to do anything but sit at the end of the day. It relaxes me in a way few things inside my house can. 
The class meets once a month and each month we will get 15 motifs  and a small project as well as extra homework for those of us wanting to make a quilt with all these beautiful patterns. I just LOVE it and I really can't wait until the next class. The house is wool felt applique on a wool hexagon and the tree is made entirely of stitching.  Anybody here local want to take this class with me? It's not to late to join. The first "official" class is at the end of March.

No comments: