Friday, March 5, 2010

What Does it Mean to Stay Married?

This is Enoch a year ago at his 4 year birthday party. He has grown so much since then it is hard to believe. He is such an amazing kid with a memory like an elephant as the following story illustrates.

Enoch remembers everything he hears. This is a particularly difficult thing for us his parents since we can't talk about anything in front of him. The other day I called my sister Camilla who knows everything about every old movie star that ever lived. I asked her if Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz stayed married or if they had ended up divorced. I was pretty sure they were divorced but couldn't remember for sure. That was a week ago at least.


Wednesday night Enoch was talking about staying married. I asked him what it means to stay married and he said:

"I know! I sink it means you just don't marry someone else until you are done marrying the person you are married too." Garrett got into the car and I asked Enoch to tell him what it means to stay married and he gave this version:

"It means you don't get unmarried to the person you are married to until you get old and die"


Incidentally Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz were divorced after 20 years of marriage :(

No comments: