
For the last two days Ethne has been horribly sick. The kind of sick that really makes a parent worry. She hasn't let me put her down for two days and our nights are only bearable because of benadryl. Poor little thing is so miserable she only wants to lay in my arms. Her one enjoyment today was when dad walked in the door tonight. She only saw him for about 2 min. before he put on his suit grabbed his dinner plate and walked out the door for bishopric meetings, but it sure put a smile on her face.
This is the reason we are counting our small achievements today. Today is the kind of day that has the potential to make a mother feel like a failure. I look around at piles of laundry-clean and dirty. Dishes, a dirty floor, clutter, toys, bills to pay, valentine's decorations to put away not to mention that the boys have been completely neglected for two days and have wreaked havoc all through the house because of boredom.
That is why I choose to count my small achievements. As I am going to bed tonight I see dishes done, happy sleeping children (for the moment :), games that have been played with mommy, A pirate ship built with mommy, books read with mommy and more mementos of the things we did get to do together.
School may not have been done but we did play geography and anatomy games together on the computer.
Food may still be on the floor but it is wholesome food prepared with love and MOST of it did get eaten.
The kids may have watched 4 episodes of Charlie and Lola, but we talked about it and laughed about it and had sharing moments because of it.
Ethne may have been horribly sick but she did get to snuggle with mom all day, and she also felt new textures and did new things from mother's hip-such as: sticking her hands in the dishwater, doing laundry and squishing Enoch's beans between her fingers. [by the way I think my arms are going to fall off. She is one heavy girl]
Ethne may have wanted to wake up and nurse frequently but I have been blessed with lots of milk and that is burning calories :)
So if I can keep counting small achievements until they are all about 18 I think I will be good :)
No comments:
Post a Comment