Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Don't Cry over Broken Plates

This morning Enoch was spinning around in a chair and accidentally caught the table cloth and pulled off a plate which shattered on the floor. My first thought was Oh that's OK it is easily replaceable. Then as I cleaned it up Enoch was feeling badly and sad the plate was broken as Ezra kept repeating over and over "mom, that's sad that Enoch broke that plate." I said It's OK it was an accident and it isn't the end of the world. Enoch perked up and said "yeah, it's OK it was an accident and it isn't the end of the world. And anyways there's more plates". I am ashamed to say I didn't react the same way when he broke the lid to my Emile Henry Asian style flame clay pot without which I can't use the pan AND which you cannot replace without replacing the whole $200 and something $ pot. AH that still makes me want to cry :( I guess when I can react the same way when it is something of real value to me then maybe I will be close to translation :)

No comments: