Monday, August 24, 2009

Confessions of a coast girl (if I can really call myself that)

When Camilla was here we went to the beach 5 times. That is, I am ashamed to say, more than I have gone since I've lived here. The water has been SO cold and it has been SO windy every time I went that I thought-what's the point? Where is the beach weather??? So one night we went after Garrett got off work and as I sat on the sand nursing my baby and watching the sunset, I remembered how much I ADORE the beach and the ocean. I couldn't wait to go again. We went every few days for the next two weeks before we left for Lake Tahoe. Every time I went I felt a renewal of energy and knowledge that there is a God in Heaven.

My Beautiful Camilla



Action sequence of a monster attacking the sand--wow Ezra what a face!














Sunset


What Ethne does at the beach


Camilla made crowns out of seaweed for the boys and told them she was Queen of the pit she was sitting in. Enoch said he was King of pit #2 and Ezra announced he was King of pit #4. These pictures are from that.

King of pit #4


King of Pit #2

Ezra was sitting in his pit here and Garrett said "hey Ezra, so your a king?" Ezra made this face and soberly expressed "this is #4"


Baby wasn't very happy right before we left and she REALLY didn't want to have her picture taken. And yes I desperately need a hair cut but don't worry I will get it done soon :)

Ethne is four weeks old here wow! She sure is cute.















1 comment:

Sunshine said...

That is a cute momma baby picture. Well, screaming baby maybe shouldn't be called cute but still. Who knew so many north Texans could love the coast so passionately! So fun to see your pictures. i love them!!!!!