You have to know Ezra and his shrugs and looks to really get how funny this story is--
Lately I have noticed that Ezra has one or two shirts missing 1/2 the top button and I was sad since they are usually shirts with the most wear left. Today I was watching Ezra and I hear a huge crunch and saw that he had bitten off the top 1/2 of his top button right there and then. I was so mad. I couldn't believe he had done that to his shirts on purpose. I sent him to go sit on his bed because I didn't want to say the things that were on the tip of my tongue.
A few minutes later Garrett went in there to talk to him and went back outside. I was walking by Ezra's room and went it to "deal" with the situation.
I started with: so what did Dad say to you??
Ezra: shrugs looks at the floor then up at me with a tiny smile and back at the floor. He says "if I need to chew on something during the day?" (meaning he wanted to know if I needed something to chew on during the day)
It was so ridiculous that I just started laughing and Ezra looked at me with another shrug and tiny smile and I said: He wanted to know if you needed something to chew on during the day? That's pretty funny isn't it?
Ezra: "yeah"
Me: what did you tell him?
Ezra: shrugs again and says sheepishly "I dono (don't know) maybe!"
It was so Ezra that I couldn't possibly be mad at him. He is just the cutest kid. Silly Boy!!
Davis rocks
11 years ago
1 comment:
He is lucky he doesn't chip a tooth!
Post a Comment